Wednesday, August 26, 2009

M&M Party

Carlos and I named our first child with the initials of MNM on purpose. {it's our favorite candy} HA HA! So when we were having Matthew we decided to do the same with his name. So I have always called him my little MnM. Well, once I started thinking about planning his 4th birthday I thought I'd ask for his input. Here is how the conversation went:

Me: "Matthew what kind of birthday party do you wanna have this year?"
Matthew: "A car's party!"
Me: "Ummmm, we did cars for your 3rd party...remember?!"
Matthew: "Yep!"
Me: "Well, we can't do it again!"
Matthew: "okay, an nnm party!" {and no I didn't type that incorrectly, he didn't say M&M correctly for a while...lol}
Me: "Really?!?! I hadn't thought of that! That just might be really cute!"
Matthew: "and I want to have a bowling party!"

So there it was! An M&M party at the bowling alley!! I went on my happy way and got after it! Now I NEVER expected to find actual M&M party supplies, but I did! I got it all on eBay! Of course! I do to much eBay shopping! Matthew's favorite color is green so he wanted the cake to be green and anything else that I could make green. I tried to tell him the green M&M is a girl but didn't care. The saddest part is I made these really cool "Personal Pinatas" for all of the kids & forgot to take a picture!! They took me soooo much time to make too! I made them round out of paper mache and they were about 6 inches big. They were all pull string. I painted them the colors of the M&M's so not everyone got the same color. Then I filled them with the party favors! The items that went inside were M&M notepads, M&M tattoos that I made, crayons, M&M stickers, a tube of M&M's and a few Halloween items {because his birthday is just 2 weeks before Halloween.} Oh they also got a bag of M&M cookies! Needless to say they went home sugared up! All they had to do with their personal pinatas was pull the strings at the bottom until they found the one that was the winner and opened the bottom to get all of their goodies! I am still so mad at myself for not getting a picture of those!


The kids got to bowl for an hour then pizza, cake & presents.
I made these centerpieces with these crate thingies that my sister in law gave me. I recovered them with M&M paper and then made those big M&M's out of colored foam paper.
Inside the crate was a M&M tin that I found at Michael's filled with M&M's.


My Granny made the cake, it was chocolate with mini M&M's baked inside! {My idea..ha ha} then I decorated it. I got that M&M dispenser free with something we ordered at work! I put some M&Ms in it.


See the ceramic plate in the background? Yep I made that just for Matthew to eat his cake on {just like I did his first birthday!}
The silver tins on the table had stickers that said thank you for coming to Matthew's 4th Birthday Party with the red and yellow m&m characters. Inside the tins was M&M's {of course} but they were printed on. They said Happy Birthday and Matthew is 4! I loved those personalized M&M's and they were a must for a M&M party!!

I couldn't believe I found those M&M candles and that there was exactly 4!!

I had a friend get my shirt at the M&M store in Vegas and then I made Matthew one to match! I loved his!!! I wish it still fit him!
I also made M&M characters to look like each child on m&m.com and made them into buttons to wear with their name on them. They all got them when they arrived and wore them at the party! You can see Matthew's in this picture and then Rylee's below.

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com